Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rainbow Dance, Len Lye 1936

I couldn't find a version as properly vividly colored as the original, which is quite bright. It must have been electrifying in 1936.

OH SPEAKING OF LEN LYE AND STUFF - I just saw Pip Chodorov's Free Radicals, which features Lye (his 1958 short is featured in full and gives the doc its title)Robert Breer, Stan Brakhage, Stan Vanderbeek, Hans Richter, and more fully awesome individuals. Now heads up - I really genuinely love this stuff. So fair warning; you might be in for more of this sort of thing, because I'm excited.


2 comments:

  1. We have published a DVD of Len Lye's films made from restored prints, if you're interested in seeing more and in good quality: http://revoirvideo.blogspot.com/2009/06/dvd-len-lye-rythms-pal-2400-euros.html
    -Pip Chodorov, Re:Voir

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIP! I am interested, and I also can't believe I missed your comment. I saw your film Free Radicals at the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film, Festival, and I assure you I was the most excited person in the audience.

    ReplyDelete